Thursday, February 18, 2010

In the Care of Women

This has been one of the scariest few days that I can remember. This week I lost the baby.
I started to spot on Sunday night and Paul had to go to Florida the next Morning for an interview.
I was left in the care of my Sisters here and I bawl as I try to even describe what They did. One took my kids swimming while Another held my hand, hugged me and rubbed my back while I heard the bad news. One kindly explained that there was nothing I could have done while the Other soothed Lucy who knew something was wrong. Later that day, One took me to a comforting lunch and made me laugh while others called and worried and cared. That night one cleaned and watched the baby as I slept and cried and others shopped, brought muffins and prepared. Another came and talked and listened and cooked and slept here with me. The next Morning One came & took me to the hospital while the Other kept my house and kids. At the Hospital, One who I'd never met held me & prayed for me and my baby as Another was coming in to talk to me & make me laugh. All while another was watching my kids, cleaning out their closet and doing laundry at the same time that others were calling and cooking and caring and bringing as they all did the rest of that day. I have never in my life been so cared for and felt the Hand of God in my life. I've never seen this much love and the world seems lighter to me than it did last week. Which is amazing.
I feel that what happened was just God's will and I feel peace in my heart and that things are turning in a good direction. I am so Grateful for Women.

9 comments:

  1. Brooke, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you had such support from your friends. I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Brooke. i wish I was there to hold your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, I'm so sorry! That is a beautiful description of the love and support of "sisters". You are definately loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How hard not to have Paul there through it all. I'm so glad you have "family" there to take care of you. It's so good that you feel the peace of the spirit even though its hard. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brooke...I am so sorry. I know there is nothing I can do or say to make you feel better. Know that I am thinking of you. I am so glad you had your sisters there with you. I am so grateful for family because they are always there to help you get through the hard times. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Brookie, having experienced this twice I can only say that I understand partially what you have been through. You were always a big sister to me and even though I can't be there for you, I'm gratful there are sisters there that can be. I love You and I pray the peace you feel will stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I pray you keep feeling that peace. I wish I was one of those *sisters* around you but you are in my thoughts and prayers from half way across the country. Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ya, sista!! (Even in my head I sound pathetic... white girl trying ghetto)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke- I'm so glad you have such amazing sisters to help you through this difficult time. You are in my prayers!
    Ps I read your previous post about your depression, and it is something I have struggled with for many years. I have a few questions, how did you get off your meds? If I don't take mine I get really dizzy. Did you have any symptoms while getting off? Email me! Lilyjessi@hotmail.com
    love Jessi blank Bodell

    ReplyDelete