Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dishes

It has been a REALLY long time since I posted. I've had a rough couple of months so most of the thoughts I would have posted are either too personal and or a huge drag :)
BUT! today I have something I am excited about. Last night again I was told "Brooke you need dishes" by Marj. I realized I have been told this by Teri, Janae, Paul, Marj already and several others. This is kind of funny because I am uniquely qualified to make more dishes let alone buy them!
sometimes I have 15 people or so here for dinner and I don't even have a set of 4 plates that match and the bowl and cup situation is much worse. Paul thinks we should get rid of everything and get a huge new set when we move. I didn't realize that I was sentimental about this but I will never do that!!!
There is a brown glass cup with square cup patterns that I stole from my moms in my cupboard at some point. This is the set we had when I was growing up and I love that cup. It is butt ugly but I feel so much for it! I have a pair of black bowls that ended up here when I was babysitting my friend Shannan's dog & we were supposed to use them for the dog, but then I washed them & meant to give them back & never did. whenever I use one, I think of Shannan. nope, I will not be returning them.
And so I have decided on the perfect plan. I will make each of my best friends give me one of thier plates or cups that I have used at their house for dinner, so when I move and hopefully have 8 or so new friends for dinner, I will set the table with 8 completely different plates from past friends & family and I will end up with a table table of 16. I think it will be whimsical and a perfect conversation piece. and if we are not using my $30 costco table & folding chairs, I can make it look great! And I can make myself supplement with pottery. anyway, I'm excited! so give me your dishes!

4 comments:

  1. Brooke,
    That is such a great, creative idea! We will have to send you something! (Do you want it now or after you move?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you some dishes. Or rather- just one set of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a fun idea! I love your eclectic style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea!! I'm really wishing I had something other than PLAIN white plates! I guess it fits though... boring friend, boring plate. :) I do have a Coke glass which is perfect from me!

    ReplyDelete