Friday, April 29, 2011

spring craziness :)

Our Easter was uneventful. We kept it super simple because life has been crazy lately & Sam was throwing up that morning. Things have been crazy in an awesome way though. At the beginning of march Lucy and I went to AZ for a week to see my sister Teri & her family. When we got back we all went up to GA for my friend's huge 40th b-day party, then my Dad and his wife came. When I see my dad interact with my kids, I can't believe all of my siblings survived childhood. He's so cute and sweet but completely retarded with kids. Lucy was throwing a tantrum because she was hungry & he tried to give her a piece of cheese off the end of a butcher knife! haha. glad I was there for that. he does that stuff all the time. They came to watch our kids while we went on a cruise which was AMAZING of course. we both gained like friggen 10 pounds. We swam with stingrays!! We held them and kissed them! That was the coolest thing I've ever done. And my step mom Tammie is the best Grandma!
My two friends Ashley & Anna came out here for a week to celebrate Ashley's one year of being sober. I can't tell you how wonderful it was and that it is that she's okay :) The boys birthdays happened during that time. We had a combined party for them at the roller skating rink. Lucy LOVED skating & we couldn't believe how well she did, especially when their smallest skates were huge on her! Last week Janet came for a couple of days. It was really nice. We talked a lot and we took her canoeing. I was impressed that she got in & went swimming in the swampy river with the alligators and giant turtles. We are finding some really rad stuff to do out here and amazing restaurants!
We are working on our next adoption. We got our home study just about done & are getting really excited. Don't have quite enough money yet, but I'm sure it will work out. we finally got Lucy's tax credit back which felt like a huge miracle that it came right when we need it to pay for the next one :) I'm pretty obsessed with adoption & was just reading on this site with special needs orphans in Russia & China that need help http://reecesrainbow.org/. I think if everyone saw these pictures of these kids, no one would ever drink or do drugs while pregnant. It is tragic and makes me furious. They aren't all caused by that but some are.
Me & Sam just got back from a date. We went to see "Rio" It was super good. & then we went to Coldstone & talked about locomotive trains which are replacing Thomas. what else.. potty training Lucy, painting the toy room light purple. Paul won his tennis game tonight & everyone cheered when he made a hard shot. he loved it!

books: just finished the first 3 books of the "Left Behind" series. It was super interesting just way too dang long. It was written by a minister and is a fictional novel but follows very closely to the book of revelations. So the end of the world is played out in novel form. loved it & it made me nervous :)
Also, I'm reading "the Color of Water" which is a black man's tribute to his white mother. So insightful for me. My dear aunt Bonnie sent it to me.
movies: best scary movie ever!! Insidious!! screamed out loud in the theater like 10 times. (so did everyone else) ghost suspense scary not evil scary. awesome!
Great documentary ; exit through the gift shop. It's about street art. loved it.

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy girl! Sounds like life is going great right now. Good luck on the next adoption! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy! That is awesome so many have come to visit you and your family. No one ever comes to visit me here except Bob and my parents, once a year. You should feel very loved and blessed to have so many come see you. I hope your adoption goes through quickly..you are such a great mom! love ya!

    ReplyDelete