Saturday, December 12, 2009

the maiden post

I very recently started a pottery blog for my wee business and was surprised about how easy it was. I wrestle with this blogging idea and don't know why I don't just forget about it. But I'm thinking there might be something to this. I fear that it is narcissistic of me to think that anyone cares about my rambling thoughts. Also I would definitely consider myself "an over sharer". So I apologize in advance if you get more than you bargained for. However, I am finding as I get older that I am forgetting a lot of things in my life. It bothers me a lot that I can't remember my past birthdays or even what happened last weekend. I work really hard to make my days good ones and it feels very wasteful to forget them. And so I feel panicked about the fact that I can't seem to keep journal and that if I did keep one, that it wouldn't be proper for my posterity to read. so I am hoping this will help me to record our little life and to keep it positive : )
This blog name comes from a song that Paul stuck my name into and then started calling me brookelbee afterward. I thought it was fitting. Paul sticks my name in a lot of stupid songs. It's his way of being romantic. which I think it is because he's thinking of me.
My thoughts at the end of today are these. I love my friends. I think it is going to really break my heart to leave here. however I am excited to move for a few reasons. I am excited for a new house. A clean slate and a whole different set of projects to think about instead of the same ones I've been putting off. New rooms to decorate mostly. I like meeting new people a lot but also I really can't imagine meeting ones that will even compare. However I feel like I have grown a ton as a person since I have been here & feel more prepared than I was when we moved here. I am missing the snow a lot this Christmas. I think it would be way fun to see Fish & Sam play in it now that they are grown more and I have a hard time feeling like Christmas is coming without it. So in some ways I am cool with the idea of a big toss up.
My favorite thing about today was dancing to Christmas music with the boys in the kitchen.
p.s. my future posts will be shorter!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started a blog! I love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog- I know that no one wants to hear what I have to say but I still blog. but you are more fun... I am excited for you to decorate a new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have a personal blog too. I am excited to where you and your family will end up. It must be crazy to know you'll be moving, but not sure where!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your blog! I think your latest pottery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you started a personal blog so i can keep up with everything you are up to. i love blogs...i love how i can keep up with everyone and see what everyone is doing even though i live 600 miles away. i feel like im right there with them. so are you guys moving back to utah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, No we're moving wherever Paul gets a job this summer. Thanks ! I'm so glad you like it! I will try to my my blog as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he should get a job in Denver!

    ReplyDelete