Wednesday, December 30, 2009

wonderful

Today I met the most wonderful man. I went to walmart to run in & get a movie from the redbox (julie & Julia which I loved) and of course went in & filled my arms with junk. I went to check out & the lines were crazy. I got in the self checkout line which got shorter over time, not because people were checking out but were leaving the line. I finally made it to the front where a woman was trying to scan an enormous cart filled with groceries & the angry machine kept prompting her to wait for assistance. It looked like she would never finish when I realized the pie I had picked out was SUGAR FREE!! da dun dunnn.. so I ran over & switched pies and came back & got in the back of another line. I noticed a man in the line next to mine moving all his groceries to the front of heis cart. He looked up at me with my arms bursting with cereal boxes and pie and said "Here put your groceries in here and go in front of me." I said "well no that's okay. why?" he said. "I saw you waiting before. go ahead." He asked me about my families christmas and told me about his. His wife had surgery & he told me all about his wife & then showed me her picture. It was a family picture with his only daughter in it too. I pointed at her and he said, yes, she's special needs, her name is Brittany, the joy of our life." I told him about Tiffany & we talked about their health a bit. Brittany has spina bifida and is 25. As we walked outside he said Tiffany is a beautiful name & that he knows she's with Jesus. I told him that I thought his daughter was so lucky to have him. He said that they are so blessed to have her. I got in my car and had my yearly Christmas Tiffany cry. I miss her and I feel blessed by her and I feel happy for her. Meeting wonderful strangers gives me more Faith than anything else.

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing how God gives us little moments when we least expect it. Wish I could have known Tiff here, but I look forward to meeting her someday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. How neat that he happened to run into you who could talk to him about his daughter. Maybe you were an answer to a prayer of his?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I think you should do a blog tribute to Tiffany...I would love to hear about her life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh brooke, im sure this time of year isnt the easiest. i was actually just thinking about you and tiffany just about a week ago. i know how you feel since i get to have my yearly cry in may. sometimes its so hard to beleive that they are really gone. i had a dream the other night that my dad came back for 2 days. i am so grateful that we have the faith that we will be with them again.

    ReplyDelete