Monday, December 28, 2009

renewing thoughts

I have been thinking a lot lately about something. I think it is normal to have negative thoughts and to get irritated at thing and people. I have a few people in my life that I am super close to that I will purge my ugly thoughts and feelings to and I have always seen it as a confirmation of our closeness that I can be my ugly self with them & they still love me & do it in return. Recently though, stuff happens and I'm all cheesed or think its a juicy bit & I'll go & call my sister or tell Paul. I used to feel understood & relieved after, but lately, I just feel ugly after. nothing is gained. Why give attention to the ugly things in life? This doesn't sound like me at all! Is this growing up? hmm. I love positive people. but I love real people too. However there is the 13th? article of faith I believe. seeking after things that are lovely or of good report. I think I prefer that and finally understand it. I do not promise you will not hear all kinds of junk coming out my mouth. But I am hoping to become a much more positive person. I can feel Paul praising the Lord right now! bless his heart. he puts up with a lot : )

2 comments:

  1. And you used to give me crap about being positive and optamistic all the time ;) Seriously though, its a nice goal. You'll be a lot happier if you stop focusing on all the crappy stuff around and try to see through it. Love ya, Happy New Year - Chrisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably a good thing for me to hear this week... I haven't been the best at holding my tongue. I will see the positive, I will see the positive, I will see the positive...

    ReplyDelete