Tuesday, December 15, 2009

tis the season

Tonight we went out Christmas shopping. It went good and I felt that we were efficient. Sam didn't have as good of time as everyone else and was sent directly to bed when we got home. But this is beside the point. Before target we went to Chick fil-a ( sp? ) where they were having some crazy hubbub where an elementary school was having a fundraiser where the student choir sang happy Christmas music & their parents took up all the tables. It was very happy & Christmassy but there were some seriously bad notes hit by soloists who were obviously chosen via eenie meenie miny mo. This kind of singing makes Paul want to crawl out of his skin, which I enjoy a lot. After we left Paul said, you know that choir director probably spent the last six months working on that. I wonder if he goes home and night & thinks to himself, I'm wasting my life.
I love Paul.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Nice picture choice. That's me outside of the temple in Manhattan. I took that picture myself with my cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious! I took our primary kids to a nursing home to sing xmas songs with no prior practice, it was a bit choppy but the kids loved it and there were smiles on everyones faces.
    i think you guys should move to iowa, we get Lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there. Every time I witness people publicly humiliating themselves (intentional or not) I think of Paul and how painful it is for him. That poor choir director... gotta work with what you're given.

    ReplyDelete